Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
– Social Security number and income
– Account balance and payment history
– Credit history and credit score.
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Celtic Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does FuturePay share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
For our everyday business purposes –
such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes –
to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
For our affiliates‘ everyday business purposes –
information about your transactions and experiences
|No||We don’t share|
For our affiliates‘ everyday business purposes –
information about your creditworthiness
|No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
Questions? Call: 1-855-984-1129 or go to www.futurepay.com
|Who we are?|
|Who is providing this notice?||FuturePay Holdings Inc. is providing this notice and it applies to all FuturePay accounts.|
|What we do|
|How does FuturePay protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also limit access to information to those employees for whom access is appropriate.|
|How does FuturePay collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
Apply for a loan or open an account
Pay your account information or pay your bills
Give us your contact information
Use your FuturePayaccount
We also collect your personal information from others such as credit bureaus, affiliates, and other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
affiliates from using your information to market to you
sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more information on your rights under state law.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.|
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.|
|A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.|
|Other Important Information|
|For California Residents. We will not share personal information with affiliates or nonaffiliates except as permitted by California law, such as to process your transaction or with your consent.|
|For Vermont Residents. We will not share personal information with affiliates or nonaffiliates except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to process your transaction or with your consent.|
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information.
What information does FuturePay collect?
“Personal information” in this statement means information about you, including your identity, finances, and online behavior. The personal information we collect permits us to conduct our business, including the marketing, sale, and provision of our products and services. The personal information we collect, store, and use will vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you and/or the products and/or services you use.
We receive and store certain types of information from you when you interact with our website, to deliver the products and services you request from us, and to help improve your overall online experience.
In addition, if you apply for a FuturePay account with us, we may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact Information, including your name, address, phone number, email, and similar information
- Financial Information, including bank account numbers and/or information or debit card numbers that you link to your FuturePay account or give us when you use FuturePay services
- Detailed personal information, such as date of birth, driver’s license number, social security number, or other identification information or documents
- We may also obtain information about you from third parties, including retailers, credit bureaus and identity verification services, and from publicly or commercially available sources.
- When you are a retailer and would like to offer FuturePay as a payment option to your customers, we require details on your business and website.
We store “cookies”, clear-gifs, and other web-based files on user devices to get certain types of information when your web browser, mobile phone, or other device accesses our website. Cookies are small data files that we place on your web browser memory storing information that enables FuturePay to provide convenient features, enhance your user experience, and protect you against fraud. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent, sites visited before and after FuturePay site, and time spent viewing the site. Cookies allow our system to recognize you when you return to visit our site and improve and customize your user experience. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that work together with cookies and enable us to collect information such as the online movements of users or whether a user has opened an email. FuturePay also uses this information to, among other things, identify broad demographic trends.
We use session, persistent and flash cookies when you access our site and content. Session cookies expire upon logging out of your account or closing your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your browser until you erase them, or they expire. Flash cookies help ensure your account security is not compromised, spotting irregular behaviors, helping in prevention of fraud, and to support our site and services.
We may also collect additional information from or about you in other ways, such as through contact with our customer support team, suppliers or service providers (whether via mail, email or through telephone enquiries) or your responses to a survey.
We may also collect IP addresses for system administration purposes, fraud prevention and protection against misuse of your personal information. Additionally, we may evaluate your computer, mobile phone or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity.
How does FuturePay use the personal information it collects?
FuturePay only collects, holds and handles information about you that is necessary for us to perform the services you request from us, that is otherwise reasonably necessary for our business activities, required by law, or required by or court order.
We may use Personal Information we collect about you for a number of purposes including:
- Provide FuturePay products and services, display statements, set up payments, or view activity;
- Provide customer support;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Identify, prevent, and report potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Learn more about your level of satisfaction, your expectations of us, and how we can meet them;
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- Confirm your identity for the purposes of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism laws and assess applications;
- Consider you for a position at FuturePay for which you have applied;
- Acquire goods or services from you or from your employer;
- Perform data analytics including to improve our services;
- For other purposes to which you have consented; and
- As required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations.
Additionally, information collected helps us improve our site and personalize your user experience. The information we collect also helps to mitigate risk, prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety. Furthermore, we may use the information to email you about service updates, and improvements.
We, or a third party acting on our behalf, may use the data that you provide to send you email offers that may be of special interest to you.
We do not access or use any personal information you store on our servers, except to provide such products and services, support in connection to products and services, test or troubleshoot products and services, or as otherwise authorized or requested.
You agree that we may use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it and for related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you.
Should you opt out of our email communications, FuturePay reserves the right to contact you via email to service and maintain your account relationship. This includes activity on your account, statements, any changes to your account, website changes or outages, or similar.
When does FuturePay disclose the personal information it collects?
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our affiliates and related companies;
- Our partners and the suppliers and service providers who help with our business operations including in relation to fraud prevention, identity verification, payment collection, marketing, customer service, and technology services;
- Retailers, so that they can provide goods or services to you or respond to a complaint by you, or to help them improve the quality and standard of service they provide to you;
- Financial institutions that we may partner with to jointly create and offer a product;
- Credit reporting bodies and collection agencies, including to report account information, as permitted by law. When we share your personal information with credit reporting bodies, we authorize them to use that information for the purposes of providing their credit reporting services. To request a credit report, we will provide information to the credit reporting body that identifies you;
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by or who may invest in us;
- Law enforcement, government agencies or officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to FuturePay; when we need to do so to comply with law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate suspected violations of our User Agreement;
- References that you provide in connection with an application for a position with FuturePay; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less or more stringent than in your jurisdiction. When we disclose your personal information overseas, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your information is held, managed and accessed in accordance with appropriate standards for the handling of personal information.
If you open an FuturePay account directly on a third-party website or via a third party application, any information that you enter on that website or application (and not directly on FuturePay’s website) will be shared with the owner of the third party website or application. These sites are governed by their own privacy policies and you are encouraged to review their privacy policies before providing them with Personal Information. FuturePay is not responsible for the content or information practices of such third parties.
What Security Precautions Does FuturePay Holdings Inc. Take to Protect Me?
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and when held on our computer systems, which may include, among other security mechanisms and technologies, encryption, physical access security, limited access servers, and other procedural security measures. We take reasonable precautions to protect the information that has been collected and to safeguard the servers where such information is stored. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information to us is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal information, we employ strict security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. We store your personal information only as long as it is reasonably necessary after taking into account:
- the length and scope of our contractual relationship with you;
- the volume and type of your payment transaction activity;
- our anticipated need to respond to questions or demands from you, your representatives, our contractors, agents, representatives or affiliates, law enforcement, governmental authorities, or other entitled parties;
- our need to resolve problems; and
- our need to assess and improve our services and products.
While we protect our systems and services, you’re responsible for keeping your password(s) and account information private. You are also responsible for making sure your personal information is accurate and up to date.
What else do I need to know?
Third Party Websites
Social Media Widgets
This Site is Not Intended for Persons Under the Age of 18
How do I contact FuturePay with questions, concerns and complaints?
- by telephone at 1-855-984-1129
- by email at email@example.com; or
- by writing us at FuturePay, P.O. Box 17634, Salt Lake City, UT 84117.
We will investigate any concerns and complaints and will advise you of the outcome of our investigation.